Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Fud

This weekend, Nolan was home both evenings, so we had little dinner dates and I actually had time to cook tasty things (It's been awhile - salad and tofu has been our fare when I'm in a rush.)! He was so enthralled that he demanded to take pictures both nights. So we did. Nothing fancy, but delicious nonetheless! Saturday night we had sauteed scallops, leeks, and shallots over roasted spaghetti squash with a white wine reduction (and put some of the leftover wine in our glasses!):
Sunday night we had some extra spaghetti squash (my bad for buying a 2 lb one for just the 2 of us - I've been adding it to my lunch this week too!) and a green salad on the side of an avocado and almond crusted chicken parmigiana. A healthier version of the classic dish:
I've had this in my lunches this week too - who knew that CostCo chicken breasts were the size of whole chickens. I made 3 and halved them and now even a half is humongous.
I even broke out my greek yogurt and tofu cheesecake for Sunday night's dessert. It was a good thing.

This is N's last week on this rotation, and he has just 2 on-call nights left. So far we've managed to have a little picnic each time when I've visited him, bringing coffee and treats. It's one of my favourite parts of each week and I'm just so glad he has been able to get away each time to spend a little time with me! Last time he tried (and almost succeeded!) to convince me to stay overnight, since it was Friday and I had nowhere to be Sat morning. "You can sleep in the on-call room  - they have bunkbeds!!!" Because of course, that is the selling point right there. Tempting, but I went home to my nice warm bed and cat to cuddle.

Crafting is coming along slowly, but surely. I finally finished my stockings (but haven't taken pics yet!), and am plodding along on gifts. Some I'm really proud of, and some I want to keep myself. But all of them are taking a lot of time, and I'm becoming very intimate with my sewing machine, hot glue gun, and embroidery needles, not to mention crochet hooks! The other day I looked in my purse and found random bits of thread, a pack of needles, and some industrial scissors along with some cardboard cutouts. This means I've been spending too much time crafting. I can't wait to post pics (after Christmas, of course) of my projects! Best holiday idea ever.

No comments: