Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Hey look, it's Thursday and I'm actually remembering to post!

This week was our annual floor cookie exchange. I put this together a few years ago for our floor at work on a whim, and it's taken off. This is the 4th year (I can't believe how fast time has gone by!) and we had a great turnout and amazing treats. Unfortunately, they were also super unhealthy. So other than enjoying one of my healthy black bean brownies (delicious, but didn't win a single vote - not surprising!), I only had a few crumbs of the others. The winner was one called "gooey butter cookie" and involved butter, cream cheese, sugar, powdered sugar, you name it. Here's the damage halfway through the day:

I also got an interesting letter this week. I've been called all sorts of things, but this is probably my favourite title. Someone was desperate to get my attention.

 I'm still enjoying my egg kick. Count for today is 8 eggs. Whew. This is what my afternoon snack often looks like...with my 5th egg of the day:


Best news of the week so far was just another reason for me to be immensely proud of my rockstar husband. Oh no big deal, he was just chosen to be a Chief Resident next year for the Emergency Med program! I wish I had some kind of exciting picture to celebrate, but the only recent picture of Nolan that I have is one I took of him in bed to try and wake him up with the flash. I'll save that for another time :)

And guess what? It's almost Christmas! I am so crafted out, I don't know if I'm more excited about being ALMOST done than about being close to the holidays, hah! I had a great idea I was going to make for a baby shower right after Christmas that I'm going to, but NOPE. I'm not touching my sewing machine for a long time after this. And with that:

1. I'm thankful for Nolan's amazing new position next year! It's so gratifying to see other people recognize how incredible he is. See? I'm not just biased. Plus he's going to make a truly great Chief.
2. I'm thankful tomorrow is the last day before the holidays! I would be more thankful if I hadn't just gotten a mandatory meeting on my calendar for tomorrow at noon. Isn't that too many faux pas in one meeting? Not only on a Friday afternoon, but the last day before extended vacation, AND during the lunch hour and not serving lunch? Boo. But still (not to get sidetracked)! Thankful tomorrow is the last day before fun and family time!!!
3. I'm thankful our neighbour is going to take care of FDR for us. Milo's going to stay with Harley for Christmas, and FDR is SUCH a pain to take in the car down to Mountain View. Every little turn or bump and his water sloshes out of the bowl all over my lap. Also: thankful for Harley's family who watches Milo when we're out of town! So awesome and convenient.
4. I'm thankful for the ice scraper I bought last year. I thought I wouldn't even really use it. Lo and behold, it's saved me a significant amount of time and frustration in the mornings, as my windshield is generally iced over with how cold it's been here in the mornings!
5. I'm thankful for my car and how reliable and safe it is. This morning it told me that the tire pressure was low and should be checked...I love that it warns me about stuff like that! Normally I would have checked once I saw that light, but since it's been so cold I knew that's why the pressure dropped. Sure enough, after 10 minutes the light clicked off. Thanks for taking the precautions, car!

What are you thankful for?

No comments: