Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday

This week has been a hectic one at work. It's been harder to remember what I'm thankful for when my mind is clouded with stress/frustration! Nevertheless, I thought of some things, because truth be told, I have a lot to be thankful for.

1. I'm thankful for friends. I met a friend for dinner last night, and was 25 minutes late on top of an already murderously bad day. It took me an hour to drive from Millbrae to Palo Alto. AN HOUR! As soon as we sat down and started eating and chatting, I started feeling much better, and by the time we left and I drove home, I was cranking up the Christmas tunes and singing my heart out. Good friends can make you forget the stressful stuff!
2. I'm thankful for our bed. Even though I've been sleeping terribly lately, the best thing in the world is crawling into our big, super comfy bed with Nolan after a long day and wrapping ourselves in our giant down comforter. Bliss!
3. I'm thankful for time - my schedule after work has been clearing up a lot lately and it's giving me time to catch up on stuff around the house (and gifts!) that I've been holding on to-do lists. Ahhh.
4. I'm thankful that Nolan is just about 2 weeks away from a block of time-off! It'll be so great to spend time with him during the day (what a novel idea!) and give him the opportunity to actually get bored again. Bonus: it falls over Christmas! Can't wait!
5. I'm thankful that next week is recovery week for P90X! I think I've said that many times before, but my muscles need a break! I'm also a little bit sad that next week is not only recovery week, but the LAST week of this P90X doubles cycle. So...debating ad hoc daily workouts after that vs. the structure of Insanity again. We'll see. But for now: glad next week is recovery week!

I hope you've had a fantastic first week of December!

What are you thankful for?

No comments: