Monday, March 11, 2013

saving daylight?

Breakthrough: we went to sushi twice this weekend (twice!) up in Pville, and I tried my first real sushi. Before I had only eaten the shrimp tempura rolls since I didn't like fish, but this time I tried not only baked salmon and crab in one of the rolls, but RAW fish on top, crab, snapper, a little tuna...and I'm never going back to shrimp tempura rolls! I also liked their special sauce. And the spicy sauce. It's like I don't even know who I am anymore! And I like it. I have picture evidence of this on Nolan's phone, but you know how long it takes me to get my hands on that.

Summer also made me a toad in the hole for breakfast on Sunday, and I ate it and liked it. What's next, enjoying melons?

We spent a lovely weekend up in Placerville, with amazing sunny weather, good food, good games, and of course hot tubbing. It's always so hard to leave! Milo stayed home, so we had a peaceful car ride home, and we started a new show and had a little dessert to relax after our long drive back. Best weekend! I woke up feeling excited to go into the office, but wishing I could just have another Saturday morning with Nolan and our show and coffee. I have to say: I've never gotten the whole raging against Mondays thing. I always see people complaining about it and posting memes on facebook about how terrible Mondays are, and to be honest I just don't get it. After a refreshing weekend, it's nice to be back in the office. And besides - Mondays fly by! Look, it's already time for lunch and I feel like I just got here - huzzah!

Daylight savings: good or bad? I like that I can stay outside with friends longer after work now, but I hate that I'm back to driving to work in the dark. I was liking the sunrise in my rearview mirror as I sipped my coffee in the car. Oh well - a few more weeks and it'll be back I guess!

We spent a lot of time this weekend talking about the next couple years, and tentatively planning and dreaming - and it's all so exciting just to think about how many big changes we have coming up. Fun vacations, moves, housing, family...I love that we have had so many good times these past few years, but it's amazing how much fun we have to look forward to! Here's to the future :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Not that I don't enjoy the present, but my favorite, favorite times with Dan are talking about the future. It's just such an in-your-face reminder (in a good way!) of what exactly you signed up for with your spouse. And it's SO fun and exciting!