Monday, March 18, 2013

the best thing about spring

Oh yes. Spring is almost here. Just 2 more days, technically speaking, though I think it's kind of gradually snuck up on us for awhile now. The weather has been a bit warmer, days longer, and everyone feeling generally happy and spring-y. I took this picture while out running on Saturday, because this is one of my favourite parts of spring. It's just cheery and lovely and smells divine when the trees all start to blossom!
Sorry about the quality - it was an action shot as I ran by.

Yesterday, I went into the city for some pampering, and forgot it was St. Patty's day - good thing my bag was green and spirited! Alas, I'm afraid this was as festive as my day got - when Nolan is working, there's really no drive for me to celebrate a holiday I don't care that much about to begin with.

Best part of the weekend: having breakfast with Nolan each day. He had to leave for work at 8:20am Sat and Sun, but that still gave us plenty of time to hang out, since we're early risers :) We love our Saturday protein pancakes and coffee!

Also this weekend, I went to the gym to do one of my weight training workouts rather than doing it at home. I think that's going to be a new habit - something about having unlimited time at a nice gym on a Saturday morning just feels luxurious. Plus the branch of my gym that's near my house is also near Whole Foods...so I had an excuse to go browse the delicious aisles :)

1 comment:

chels said...

You have stunning green eyes, so you are always ready for St. Patrick's Day :)
I miss smelling the almond blossoms and the general magical feeling of springtime in Northern California (Molnar always said it was the best time of the year because the weather was perfect and the girls were out tanning on the Quad...oh Molnar!).