Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Well that happened quick. I just wrote about it being Monday and now it's Thursday. Huh.

Yesterday I read a random article about smoothies, and the author finished with something along the lines of "smoothies are super healthy so we should all make smoothies all the time out of everything". I may have paraphrased that a bit. But I appreciated the sarcastic response of one of the commenters:
I like that person.

This week...
1. I'm thankful for my wonderful, smart, sexy, kind life partner. He's my better half in every way and I hit the jackpot when he said "I do".
2. I'm thankful for sleep. I've caught a few more winks this week, and feel the difference. Phew!
3. I'm thankful for new things. Whether it's trying new sushi or new shoes or a new weight machine at the gym, I like pushing myself a little-it's exhilarating!
4. I'm thankful for motivation! I think it was partly due to lack of sleep, but the last couple weeks I've been feeling so lazy! Fortunately, I've been able to push through most things I've wanted to skip out on, but the feeling was still there. This week I feel a little more re-charged, and re-motivated. I hate feeling lazy. Unless it's forced laziness (like our fun Saturday mornings :) ).
5. I'm thankful for the warmth returning. Even though it's still dark when I leave for work, it's light outside for what feels like forever! I was outside with a friend on Monday around 7pm and it was still light, and I was sweating while wearing just a tee! Spring is right around the corner!

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Silverfox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Well Anneliese, as Nolan's mom I LOVE hearing how happy you are to have him as your husband. I have to admit that he was quite a catch. He has made us proud, not only for all of his magnificent accomplishments but for his character, integrity, and caring personality. I too think you made out pretty well when you two got married.

Like wise let it be said that you are equally special! We have watched you develop for years into an independent woman who is very supportive and always there for your husband. We appreciate your willingness to care for his needs above your own, and spending time making his long days at work more bearable by doing a variety little things that include taking him treats on his breaks. Nolan is very fortunate to have found in you a devoted and supportive wife who has been willing to roll with the punches all these years as well as be willing to bring home the bacon. Nolan brought home the prize.

I love Nolan and I love the fact that by marrying you I have you as my "schoondochter" or "beautiful daughter." I truly love you as my own!

Enough sappiness already!