Sunday, March 3, 2013

well, it was a nice ride (or not)

I'm in a sleep funk. Even if I don't get up during the night (which I almost always do these days), I'm restless and wake up tired. Even my nice yoga and breakfast last week couldn't make me forget jerking awake to my alarm at 5am. And listen, I was always that person who could sleep with the lights on, loud music playing, on a rock, whatever. I decide it is time to sleep, and I do. So what's going on?

Last week was somewhat nuts at least at the office. So when I came home, I got REALLY excited about cleaning up, eating dinner, and then doing nothing with Nolan until bedtime. It was awesome. Wednesday we celebrated him finishing a big exam (woohoo!) by going out to Mediterranean and finishing a romcom we started earlier this week. Friday we had a tasty little treat while watching another movie (more on that later!). Saturday morning we had a delicious breakfast and were lazy.

Remember last year, when I said Nolan had a dessert intervention telling me I had to stop making such tasty things when he wanted to eat healthier? I listened...kind of. I just started making healthier desserts. And food in general.

Wednesday night, he had a reverse intervention on the same topic - demanding that we go back to having dessert every night after our week or two of detoxing. As much as I struggled, he made some fair points, and I had to give back in. I have to admit, I do feel much better when I eat enough calories each day, and dessert helps me meet those requirements :)

But his main point was that I always make healthy desserts anyway! Sometimes we'll have just frozen blueberries or a baked apple with cinnamon, but even when we have cookie dough like we did the other night...it was made mainly from chickpeas! So all that is to say that we're off the wagon (or is that back on?).

Last week I made some almond-meal zucchini muffins for him to snack on during his night shifts, and he said something about how nutella would be tasty on top. So? I made nutella! Behold, the ridiculously healthy version of everyone's (except me - not a nutella fan) favourite spread:
And even I have to admit, it's pretty tasty (for Nutella)!


Best new toy this week - my foam roller! It finally came in the mail (what's up with a 5 day delivery Amazon - you've spoiled me with 2 all this time!), and I've been rolling until I can't roll no' mo'.
No really. I rolled until bedtime last night while watching a movie with a friend. You gotta put down the roller eventually, I guess.


Well, it's Sunday night, folks - and past my bedtime. Here's to another week. Wish me luck in dreamland!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Do you see the correlation between your last 2 blogs? Cat naps in moderation! :)