Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Tonight is Nolan's birthday party/game night, so I spent the last few days putting these together, step-by-step:


Aren't they pretty? Strawberries and cream cakepops, with his beloved sprinkles on top :) I also made some other stuff, but it's not picture worthy. At least not yet. Maybe once I firm up the cheesecake frosting for the oreo cream cupcakes (yum!), they'll look a little more professional. Right now they're unfrosted (although still tasty) lumps.

Needless to say, we're not following a healthy theme for this party.

That being said, it's been a busy week. So:

1. I'm thankful that it's Thursday - a lot of crazy stuff has happened this week, between work (moving floors! closing out big project! annual calibrations!), socially (planning and kicking off bible study! dating my husband and seeing my friends! planning our vacation(s)!), and of course a lot of little details that go into throwing Nolan a birthday party. Getting into bed tonight is going to be blissful.
2. I'm thankful for things that push me out of my comfort zone. I did an activity last weekend that made me a little nervous, but came out of it feeling confident and empowered!
3. I'm thankful that I get to have breakfast with Nolan the next 3 days! I am working from home tomorrow, so that means a regular wake-up time and breakfast. Yay!
4. I'm thankful for spring-cleaning, both at work because of moving, and at home. It feels good!
5. I'm thankful for no plans (almost) this weekend. It's going to be a weekend of Anneliese! And some tasty desserts.


What are you thankful for?

No comments: