Thursday, April 22, 2010

great expectations

I hate it when you set your hopes on something, and then it gets dashed to the ground. Even if it is just a silent wishing, it still sucks when it gets ripped away. For example: today I wanted to go to our Community Days event at work. You know, hang out with coworkers, do some good for the community. But actual work always comes first, and I ended up stuck at the office doing that, while my nice new Community Days t-shirt sat forlorn in my locker. Now I'll feel like a poser whenever I wear it.

Another example? When the sun starts to come out in San Francisco. How many times have I thought, "Ahh, maybe NOW it will be sunny! Maybe I'll get to live in a sunny coastal town!". But no.

Still a little sore from yoga on Tuesday...guess my workout today will be intense stretching to try and work out this stiffness! Tomorrow: class # 2 of yoga with Ash U!

No comments: