Monday, April 12, 2010

Half-calf

This weekend I got to go watch my dear friend Sarah run her half-marathon that we had been training for. She was awesome! It was good to see her, too. And I even got to pass along the fantastic books I have been reading to her. Thanks, Ash U for getting that started! Here's a couple pics of Sunday:


I have almost always been the one running in races, so I never got to just stand by and watch, but I have to say that it's super interesting to see not only all the different body types (and I mean REALLY TOTALLY DIFFERENT), but also different styles. And since there was also a 10k going on at the same time, we saw people from an even broader spectrum. There were several very pregnant women running, a barefoot guy, a guy who was sooo burnt to a crisp from the sun (except his head), a girl wearing/carrying several ponchos, a man in a lobster hat, and a guy hunched over a walker. Yes. Let me just say that again: THERE WAS AN ELDERLY OLD MAN WITH A WALKER RUNNING A HALF-MARATHON. Now if that doesn't make you feel lazy, I don't know what will. Needless to say, I hit the gym hard today.

No comments: