Tuesday, April 26, 2011

bliss

Hallo there friends. My attempted post yesterday was a mighty FAIL since I opened the browser, clicked on "blogger" and forgot what I was going to say because I was watching Nolan put together his new bike. Yesterday, our search for the perfect bikes ended. We found a pair of matching beach cruisers, brand new, and Nolan has already ridden his around and pronounced it "a sweet, smooth ride". Mine will stay in the box until we move, because it's easier to transport that way and I don't want to nick the shiny paint! It's a beautiful buttercream yellow with pink rims (SCREAM!), and Nolan's is a shiny black with red rims. All we've been talking about the last 2 days is moving to Atherton, hopping on our bikes, and riding around with the wind in our hair while wearing bermuda shorts or something equally demonstrative of our new, laid-back life. Hah.

Having Nolan back has been SO RIDICULOUSLY GOOD. Granted, the first day back in our apartment I cringed when I saw the familiar pan with fried egg stuck on it sitting on the counter...but I got over that quickly :) I missed my soulmate so incredibly much, and I realized it even more when I saw him walk through the gate at the airport. I'll stop here because I can't put it into words anyway.

Today, he picked me up from work, we came home and I made a delicious and healthy dinner. Chicken breasts stuffed with bleu cheese, sundried tomatoes, and spinach; steamed artichoke, and my favourite: roasted kale with olive oil, ground chili and garlic. The kale was cooked so perfectly in the pan that the pieces crumpled satisfyingly into dust in our mouths. TASTY.

Then we walked to Starbucks to get him a coffee, and I used his free treat card to try a cake pop...which was delicious! We walked back in the sunshine because it was actually sunny today, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT, and then settled down with a couple good games of chess. I got royally spanked, but considering it was my first REAL time playing, I'll take it! Huzzah!

Tomorrow we're going to sign our lease in our new place, which means Nolan actually gets to see the place, haha. I'm also going to use my free drink card at Starbucks to get something special that Nolan is urging me to get...can you guess? I'm going to get an ICED WHITE MOCHA. That's right, folks. I'm declaring an end to this "no espresso" thing, because I feel that I've finally gotten myself under control. I'm lifting the ban. However, I'm betting I'll still rarely get anything with espresso in it, now that my habit is to brew at home. I need my home-brewed nectar! We'll see how I do.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Yay! Bik-o, bik-o, bike!!!