Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Yesterday, we signed our lease for our new home! Nolan took a giant leap of faith and signed without seeing the place...but then we got to explore it after we signed in the realty office. And explore we did! We planned out spots for everything, envisioned our future life, and I was heaped with praise for picking a place that we both loved so much. Needless to say, Nolan was pretty excited.

We did a little exploring by car afterwards, to see more of the neighbourhood and towns around us, and then to celebrate, we back-tracked to a Fresh Choice that we saw along the way, and stuffed ourselves. Let me just say that as amazing as Fresh Choice is, it's 10 times better for Nolan, because there is nothing he loves more than a good buffet. Not because of the amount of food, but the choice - he loves choices. He even splurged on carbs and desserts, and was so happy by his 4th trip to the food bar, that he jumped out of his seat, said "see you later, lovaahh!" and wiggled his fingers at me as he bounded away to try something else. I'm pretty sure we tried every single food in the place. With that:

1. I'm thankful for our exciting new life! Everything seems grand and we are THRILLED with the place we're moving to!
2. I'm thankful for our new bikes! How fun to have little bike dates (or in my case, be able to bike to the store when I just need a few things or to Starbucks on a whim).
3. I'm thankful for the glorious weather we've been having. San Francisco is giving us a grand send-off.
4. I'm thankful again that Nolan is home. My mood has brightened CONSIDERABLY since he came home to me, and I just can't describe how happy I am to have my other half back!
5. I'm thankful for the mounds of presents he brought me. No, really. Mounds. I have a whole new wardrobe, among other things. And I needed new things!
6. I'm thankful, as usual, that it's Thursday and almost the weekend. I'm gonna need me some good sleep after I get up at 2am tonight to watch the Royal Wedding OHYESIAMTHATPERSON.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

So happy for you that your hubby is back and you're moving into such a new and exciting phase of life! Congrats!

Yeah, I got up at 4:00 to watch the wedding. It was totally worth it, but I'm paying a dear price now...at 8:38am while I sit at my desk with my eyelids weighing 100 lbs.