Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Sitting here at almost 10pm, I'm just glad we're down to a week before Nolan comes home. 6 days from tomorrow and he will be safely back at home with me and Milo, ready to begin our next adventure. So far the apartment hunt is turning up duds and some wasted gas, but it's been good for me to get down there and explore the area. I already know where 3 starbucks are (sad!), several grocery stores, CUTE restaurants and peaceful parks. And the last time I was there (yesterday), I didn't even use directions, and let myself find my own way around. That is my favourite way to get to know an area. Saturday I will be looking at more rentals that look promising, and hopefully finding one that is meant for us! With that:

1. I'm thankful that the area we're moving to is only an hour away, and that I can drive back and forth to look at apartments. I can't even imagine doing this from 8 hours (or farther!) away.

2. I'm thankful that Nolan has been finding all of the apartments for me to look at, so that I don't have to do all the work myself. There aren't enough hours in the day! So really...we're doing this together, even oceans apart! He finds the ads, sends them to me and usually follows up with the landlord via email cc'ing me, and then I make an appt to go take a look. Easy! If only we'd really find the perfect place...

3. I'm thankful for the area we're moving to. It truly is lovely and peaceful.

4. I'm thankful for our safety and well-being. I have started the habit of having the news on in the mornings while I drink my coffee and get ready for work. It's terrifying, some of the things I hear. Also depressing.

5. I'm thankful for my coworkers. So many people don't like those in their work family, but I love mine :)

As always, I'm thankful that it's Thursday! Happy Thursday!

Quote of the Day:
*proof of Nolan's undying love for Milo...he got him a souvenir*
Nolan: "I got him a little chinese hat today with the black braid down the back :) "

No comments: