Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I promise blogging will get more regular again as I taper off of the busy-ness at work/home...mostly work. But for now, let's just jump in, shall we?

1. I'm thankful that Nolan's coming home in 2 weeks from tomorrow(!). For lots of reasons, the main one being that I really miss him. But also because this whole moving thing? This packing and trying to find a place in a new city thing? I can't do it without him.

2. I'm thankful for the days getting longer and the sun actually coming out sometimes and staying out until I'm almost ready for bed. It makes me feel a little more productive and a little less tired than I actually am.

3. I'm thankful for my family that cheers me on even when I'm stressed and grumpy and oh so exhausted. And that includes my aunts and uncles, grandparents, and my hilarious cousins who are due to entertain me once again this weekend in Livermore.

4. I'm thankful for taste buds and good food and drink. Sometimes when I'm feeling overwhelmed, if I take 15-30 minutes and just don't do anything while I have one of my meals, I can truly enjoy my food or glass of wine/coffee/tea. That way I let my mind go blank and just relax. Tonight after I go to dinner with Ash U (crab, anyone?), we're going to sit on the couch and watch a movie, crochet, and eat a luscious almond and chocolate lace cookie. Or two. And I deserve it.

5. I'm also thankful for music. Music always makes me happy, and when you combine it with working out? Then I feel happy AND healthy :)


As always, I'm thankful the weekend is almost here, and I can work on my work/life balance and not think about things that have nothing to do with relaxing. In honour of kicking back a little, I'll share a HILARIOUS video that my dad sent me last week. Enjoy and happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Saw your post of taste tripping, is there anyway to buy it to try or do you have to go to a public "trip" event. Thanks for entertaining posts! -Maria

Heidi said...

THANK YOU for posting that video. It's probably the funniest thing I've seen in a really long time. My hands down favorite was the chipmunk doing the beat box.

neighboUr said...

Maria - you can definitely buy miracle berries online. If you google search it, you'll see several vendors come up. You can either buy the berries themselves or the tablets, which are distilled versions. Both are great!

Heidi - I've watched that video SO many times! I love the seal that tells her pups to knock it off because "she works nights". hahaha