Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Grimm

I saw an ad yesterday for a new tv show that starts in the Fall, called "Grimm", and it's basically a police procedural about how our police force deals with fairy tale characters who have escaped into our world and committed crimes. If you know how much I loved The Tenth Kingdom, you know that I read that article and immediately blocked my calendar for those nights it will be on. BOO YA. Note: there is also another Fairy Tale show starting that I MIGHT consider watching, but it sounded a little more hokey and has something to do with fairy tale characters living a double-life here in our world too, somewhere in new england. Yawn (but secretly I'll watch a couple episodes and then give you my verdict). I just also learned that it comes from the writers of "Lost", so we'll see.

On an unrelated note, but not less interesting: I read that a recent poll found that during movies when people get teary, women most commonly try to hide their crying by claiming they have something in their eye (yep), and men most commonly try to hide their crying by hiding under a blanket. TRUE STORY. Though when I put my analytical hat on, I'm not really sure how they would actually get a valid statistic on something like that. Aren't 75% of quoted statistics made up anyway? Pun intended.

So...I love technology (a dieu, Steve Jobs). Yesterday I decided I was going to treat myself to lunch instead of heating up what I brought from home, just because I've worked hard this week and needed a little reward. Besides the coffees I'm having on Wednesday and Thursday (but that's only because I have early, long meetings and need something to keep my hands busy). I digress; the lunch I got was from Specialty's, as it generally is. I ADORE their spicy thai peanut salad, which is indeed VERY spicy. I was in a meeting a month ago eating that salad, and right as it was my turn to say something, I feel 2 drops of sweat rolling down my forehead. YES. And everyone's looking at me and I know it would be SO GROSS to wipe the sweat from my forehead as I'm speaking. So I just let it sit there. Of course looking back, that actually may have been more disgusting. I literally sweat because of the spicy-factor. I think my family should be proud that I keep going back for more! ANYWAY (sorry), I usually order my salad online, because my credit card is stored on there, and so is my password and login, and my previous orders show up there on the home page with a link that says "reorder". So all I have to do is go to that homepage, click "reorder" and then walk downstairs 15 minutes later to get my salad, which is waiting on the counter with my name written on it (yes really, and YES REALLY it is in our basement, so I don't have to go outside - the peak of laziness). So the other day I saw that they added a text feature to the ordering, so I entered and saved my cell number, and BOOM:
They immediately texted me that my order was ready. Between that and the text alerts telling me my amazon package was just delivered to my house, I'm in love.

1 comment:

Pops said...

I can just imagine you sitting there with those two huge drops of sweat gland secretions glistining on your forehead...that probably caused you to sweat even more! Love you. ...and I'm proud of you!