Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today is going to be a busy day. It's going to be a 12-hour workday, not to mention the hour commute on each end. Needless to say, there is no gym time scheduled in there, so I got up at 5am to do some yoga before I had to leave for work, and started my day out just right. The only downside to doing yoga at home is when Milo darts between my legs and bites my arms trying to get me to play, or when I switch postures and my elbow comes down on his little skull as he's running through my hands. Poor thing. I found him hiding under the bed this morning after I conked him with my elbow. But! It's his own fault! And he got some treats out of the ordeal, so overall it's a win for him.

So I thought I'd start the day off with my thankfulness, before I'm worn out from my commute and long day and can't remember what to be thankful about except for bed and cuddling with Nolan. Speaking of which:

1. I'm thankful for even just the few minutes a day I get with Nolan to catch up and just sit together. Sometimes that's all we really need (and all we get!), to feel connected until we have a longer amount of time together. I know it's only going to get harder, but that makes me appreciate the present more!
2. I'm thankful for my 5am yoga option. It's a nice way to start the day, and a good way to work out some stress before a busy day. Plus it's great to know I can fit in some sort of physical activity, even when I have a packed schedule on some days. It's no Beach Body Insanity workout, but it'll do!
3. I'm thankful for Milo, even though he's a twit sometimes. It's so nice to have a little friend following me around at night and in the mornings when Nolan isn't home.
4. I'm thankful for our upcoming vacation for a week in September! We're not going far - just the foothills, but a mini-summer sounds SO GOOD right now. Gives us something to look forward to.
5. I'm thankful for a home with carpet. It's so nice to get up and not be freezing cold. You think I'm insane for saying that in the summer, but you don't know San Francisco summers. We were at a bonfire at Ocean Beach near our old apartment on Sunday, and I had 3-4 layers on and was still freezing, even during the daytime. I don't miss that at all. Even the tile floor in our new bathroom is warm, because the vent is stealthily positioned under the sink, but right above the floor, so that when you stand in front of the sink to brush your teeth, there's lovely warm air rolling over your feet and warming the tiles.
6. I'm thankful for the weekend! Watching Harry Potter with a friend on Friday (in the comfort of our home so we don't have to endure screaming teens), getting together on Saturday with a much-missed friend who is visiting from DC, sleeping in, baking, church, finishing a scrapbook, working out...it's gonna be good.

Happy (almost) Weekend!

No comments: