Monday, August 29, 2011

May the odds be ever in your favor!

My friend Erin was featured as a guest-blogger recently, so I thought I'd just share the link here to her post about, what else, love triangles! For any of you who know how much I love/hate a certain series, you'll find this post to be AWESOME...but if you haven't read The Hunger Games, be warned that there are some major spoilers. As for Twilight, I couldn't care less if you read them or not, so I won't bother with the spoiler-warnings there.

Tonight we're hosting a Settler's night with some friends down here we've gotten to know. Nolan got 2 hours of sleep last night, so I'm either going to annihilate him, or feel so bad that he can't keep his eyes open that I make a truce with him. Let the trading begin! My challenge is to NOT eat the entire cheeseball that I'm making, or continuously stuff the Lu's cookies in my mouth, per usuale. Generally I do fine not eating the pie or cake or big cookies, because all those things LOOK like a lot of food. It's the dips and tiny cookies and little bite-size things that do me in slowly, and then by the end of the night I discover that the dip is almost gone and I ate 3/4 of it. Boo.

My brother was supposed to fly out to Israel on Saturday, but due to Hurricane Irene, his flight was of course cancelled and moved back a week. So he'll be down again NEXT weekend for me to take to the airport. Another sweet week of rafting, In N Out, and sweet California-ness? I'd take it!

We've been hesitantly and slowly trying out new foods in our new 'hood. Finding good places to eat was a concern, let me just tell you, because after living in San Francisco (read: city of ALL GOOD AND MIND-BLOWING FOOD) for 4 years, we've gotten a little spoiled. The first Thai place we went to in the Peninsula: amazing. The first Indian: disgusting (in fact, tasted JUST like the boxed Indian food we tried from Target, which was equally disgusting). But the second Indian we tried this weekend: fantastic! And Nolan tried yet another Indian place with a friend last night: fabulous! And we've had some pretty great American food too, so there's hope. Suggestions for interesting/tasty places?

No comments: