Friday, August 26, 2011

Thankful ThFriday

A day late is better than never, right? I left my house at 6am yesterday to prepare for an all-day meeting, didn't leave the room the meeting was in until about 4pm, went home and relaxed for about an hour (which involved sitting at a fro-yo place near our house with Nolan and just shooting the breeze. probably the most relaxing thing I can think of!), and then hosted a hangout night for a bunch of girls from our small group that we go to on Sunday mornings. Some of the husbands went to the Dutch Goose for beers while we girls were chatting and snacking over wine at home, and they returned around 10 only to collect their wives and eat our cheesecake. Nolan also was on doctor duty, as one of the husbands came over with a deeply-sliced finger that needed stitches, so Nolan bandaged him up temporarily, and then actually stitched him up AFTER they got back from the Dutch Goose. Hah!

All this to say: forgive me for missing my thankful post on it's actual day. I don't think my thankfulness counts less on a Friday than a Thursday, anyway :)

So this week, among MANY MANY other things:
1. I'm thankful for relaxing times at home with Nolan. This is one way I really de-stress, and I think we've both needed some downtime after our busy days. We CANNOT WAIT until our week off! Which brings me to:
2. I'm thankful for only 5 more work days until our week off! I'm winding some projects down, and starting to prepare myself for vacation-mode. Which will hopefully REMAIN relaxing, and not resemble our old friend, the vacation/stress plot. Remember this?

I'm currently resisting the urge to bring my work computer with me on vacation.
3. I'm thankful for family. Some exciting things are happening that I'll mention later on. But also just generally, very grateful that we have such wonderful family around us that we genuinely enjoy spending time with.
4. I'm thankful that I get to sleep past 5:30am tomorrow. I know it's not THAT early, but I need my 8 hours! And that's just hard to do when you'd have to go to sleep every night at 9:30 to do so. I've been very sluggish and sleep-deprived this week.
5. I'm thankful for fun things! Tomorrow afternoon we're going to a 49'ers game with my parents, complete with field passes! Okay, to be honest I don't quite understand the allure of the field pass, but Nolan seemed to be excited about it, so that makes me excited!
6. I'm thankful for dinner tonight: just to be honest, dinner is one of my favourite times of day, because it means I'm (usually) home from work and ready to relax for a few hours. Friday night dinners are even better because they're often dinners out, and I know I can have wine and stay out late if I want, because I don't have to get up early the next day! Tonight's will be even better since my parents and little brother will be here with me! We're shipping him off to Israel for a semester on Saturday morning, so that's happening too, but I'm not thankful he's leaving us, so...that didn't make its own item on the list, hah!

Happy weekend to all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The suspense is KILLING me. What exciting news might you have to share???