Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tacking on the miles...

Last week was a milestone (no pun intended) for my noble steed. I can't believe my little car already has 50,000 miles on it! I've only had it for a year and a half, but I've really been getting my money's worth out of it. Well done, Mr. Darcy.


Speaking of putting on the miles, my body recently hit its own milestone. Ever since injuring my knees a couple years ago, I've had to put down the running shoes and find other ways to exercise. But I've been easing back into it the last couple months because running is WONDERFUL (can I get a hallelujah, Nate?) and I missed it. So I've happily been going to 4.2 miles without any knee pain at all, and can go a bit farther before I actually have to stop. My goal is 10 within the year, but since it's a joint issue, there really isn't anything I can do to prepare or train for that besides ice and rest. Let's cross our fingers that this is a new leaf!

For Cinco de Mayo, Noemma and I thought it would be fitting to celebrate with a lunch at Chevy's. As you know, it's the most authentic Mexican place around, so... ;)


And of course we had to take pictures as a mariachi band. With a nice cold Corona between us. Hah.

 
The rest of the day was sipping margaritas at Erin's with Nolan and Jacob, stopping by SF to celebrate birthdays and a new apartment with some friends, then coming home and crashing on the couch and watching Mad Men. If you haven't seen Mad Men, don't waste your time. If you have and you loved it, please enlighten us. We slogged through the whole first season just to give it a fighting chance, and found it entirely depressing and not riveting at all. At least there's a new episode of Game of Thrones (!!!) and Sherlock!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mad men is definitely an acquired taste. its fun to watch how the culture was back then. though at most I can only do 2 episodes at a time before I need a break. lol ~Ash