Wednesday, May 23, 2012

they done took our sheep

I feel like spring is rapidly morphing into summer. I think I've said that before about the weather, but my attitude is now on the bandwagon. I think about grilling and lemonade and how to get near water and sun on the weekends. It means more relaxation and slipping into the second half of the year and getting a little closer to being able to use pumpkin in recipes again. I like that I can think about wearing sundresses and flip flips instead of jackets and boots. Even when I go out in the evenings, it's nice and warm. Last night I went to bible study wearing my new favourite thing, my mint jeans! They're probably a size too big but they were the LAST pair in stock and I HAD to have them because they make me feel spring-y:
(My feet aren't quite that tiny - it's just the camera angle.)

I've also noticed that like last year, the sheep in the pasture next to our house have disappeared again. Apparently they take them in May and move them somewhere else during the hot summer. They'll be back around October, but I already miss hearing them in the mornings and watching them graze lazily all day.

I am SO looking forward to a long weekend for Memorial Day! I'm thinking BBQ, bocce, sunbathing, riding bikes to froyo...does that sound amazing to anyone else?

No comments: