Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Since I went to the game with work, I thought I'd have a pic or two to post from that, but alas. The weather was crappy, my hands were greasy from popcorn, and I was grouchy. So no picture. But! The weekend is here, and that makes all things good. This week has been a little more laid back than the last few, and so I feel pretty good. Date night on Wednesday with Nolan made my week as can be expected. We of course went to our usual haunt - Karakade Thai. I feel like we should have a reserved table by now, since we go so often and sit in the same place. This weekend is supposed to be beautiful weather again, and then I have a short week next week because of my brother's wedding (yay!). On that note: 1. I'm thankful for a more restful week. Even though our oven is broken (oh I didn't mention that? yeah.) and the weather's been colder. It's been nice to read with Nolan again as we eat our bowls of blueberries and cuddle with Milo. 2. I'm thankful for our BBQ. Best birthday present ever (last year)! We've been using it a lot, and now that the oven is out of commission, it's nice to have a backup way of cooking stuff. 3. I'm thankful for our home. I've been just peeking on Craigslist for awhile, and haven't found anything yet that compares. We've got a pretty sweet set-up for this area. 4. I'm thankful for my commute, even when I hate it. Because it gives me time to de-stress and collect my thoughts after work. It's long, but I get in plenty of reading and listening to music. 5. I'm thankful for a husband who listens, not just hears what I say. He's good to me beyond what I deserve, and knows what I need, when I need it. How did I get so lucky? Happy (almost) Cinco de Mayo! What are you thankful for?

No comments: