Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I can't believe another week has flown by. Here we are at nearly the middle of 2012, and I am still trying not to write "2011" on things I sign. Sigh. At least the weather's at the peak of amazingness, and won't be crap again for several months. Except during my days at work up in the city, where it's crappy year-round. Speaking of this city, I heard on the radio this morning that SF was recently rated one of the most bikeable cities in the US. What?!? Have the people who decided that ever spent any significant amount of time in San Francisco? Because as someone who rides bikes and whose husband bikes everywhere, we can safely say it's one of the most NON-friendly places for bikers. Too many hills, way too much traffic, not nearly enough bike lanes (if any!), and when they are there, cars don't respect bikers! Anyway, that made me laugh out loud while driving this morning. C'mon, folks.

But I'm thankful I live in a very bike-friendly area now! We've been loving being able to bike comfortably in the warm weather again - no more driving to Thai food or froyo (or church!) for us! Other things I'm thankful for:

1. I'm thankful for good food. We came back from my brother's wedding weekend, and had absolutely no good food in our house. It took me three days to be able to get to the store after work because of all our plans, and when I brought that food home and was able to eat a decent breakfast this morning it was like...sigh of happiness.
2. I'm thankful for my new sister-in-law! And I'm thankful that we've gotten them both hooked on the Game of Thrones tv series. We'll get them into the books soon enough, but for now it's fun to get texts that say "winter is coming!" and "I hate the Lannisters!" from them.
3. I'm thankful for truth. Sometimes I'm a really bad student in the bible study I'm in, and I don't do the lessons for the week until that morning or I don't do them at all, and while we watch our video segment at group, I think about the peanut-butter cookies on the table. But the last couple weeks have definitely brought up some sensitive points, and made me think about things I was trying to forget about. Good to have a good group of girls to figure this out with.
4. I'm thankful for patience. I don't have a lot of it, but every so often it saves me from doing something stupid, and I thank God for that.
5. I'm thankful for my travel coffee mugs. Not to swing back to superficiality, but seriously. Coffee in my car at 6:30am while I'm driving to work is my BFF.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Pops said...

I Love you very much. Pops