Saturday, October 3, 2009

A bicycle built for two!

Having Nolan home again has been the highlight of my YEAR I think. Well, that may not be true. And the year isn't over. But: I was the happiest person alive when he walked through that door at 7:30 sharp last night! We had dinner, played, caught up and talked, and between 9pm and this morning, watched all 5 episodes of Glee! Yes, Mom, it's THAT good that I watched them all multiple times and Nolan couldn't tear his eyes away.
This morning, he made me his famous pancakes that are TO DIE FOR, and then we borrowed our neighbour's tandem bike and went for a ride to the beach. Let me just say that riding a tandem bike uphill is the hardest thing ever, and Nolan kept looking at my feet to make sure I was still pedaling, hah! Also being on the back = really scary because you can't see anything and you just have to keep pedaling, not knowing where you're heading. Good thing Nolan is a daredevil even on a big yellow cruiser tandem bike. See:


And now he's at the driving range with a friend (what a life!) and I'm at a Starbucks that smells like a pet store. You know, dog food and wet sawdust. Swanky. Later we're watching the Ducks game (Go DUCKS!) and then I'll be putting the finishing touches on our trip for Wednesday.

While I had his camera this morning, I also stole a picture from our Great America trip that I never saw until now. Behold:

This memory is tainted only by the fact that shortly after this picture was taken, "Angelica" tickled me and it felt a lot more like there was a 30-year-old perv in that suit, molesting me, because THAT particular tickling was aimed more above my ribs than I would have liked.

On Friday, my coworker sent me a link to a video he and a friend made while in college. Glad to see that a prestigious school like the one you went to is turning out quality work. He said that his one line ("Whatever.") took him 15 takes just to make him sound stupid enough:


Quote of the day:
"Love is a game that two can play and both win."
-Eva Gabor

Europe: 3 days!

1 comment:

Pops said...

bike o bike o bike