Wednesday, March 3, 2010

11pm

I love that my tutee is now as entwined in Bella and Edward's lives as I was once. I say "once" because GIRLFRIEND, it just gets worse. She came in today and threw her bags down on the chair and started griping about something Bella and Edward were doing in the book, as if they were sitting in the chair next to me, and I just looked at her like, I KNOW.

Last night I had a dream that a Tsunami hit SF, and I was in a building downtown, and started scaling the walls of that highrise like I was Spiderman, watching the waves come higher. And then I waited for the water to go down, went to high ground, and found Nolan taking pictures of the whole mess, and he was like "OH, HEEEYYY!" and then we high-fived and watched the sunset together. Let's hope that if all these earthquakes do turn up to have a surprise in store for SF, it ends up like that dream. Maybe minus the Spiderman part. Because I don't think I could climb these walls, and I certainly couldn't do it with Milo tucked screeching and flailing underneath one arm.

These nights that Nolan works the late shift and I am home alone are some of the most unproductive ever. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Book Recommendation - The Liar's Club by Mary Karr. Okay so it's a bit intense and not a happy read. But it's painfully funny and heart-wrenching. It's like a solid mix between Catcher In The Rye and The Pillars of the Earth...which is one of my favourite all-time books. So if you can handle those, you'd like this one.

Quote(s) of the Day:
Pop (via text): "Can ya believe it? Mom and I are at a karaoke bar in Diamond Springs! Ha!"
Pop: "You guys are already helping us out. You're just a few steps from changing our diapers."

Happy Anniversary to my sweet parents--26 years today!!!

No comments: