Friday, March 12, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays...

Usually I hate the rain. But now I have been just DYING for a rainy day, so that I can try out these:

Rainboots eliminate one of the only reasons I hate the rain: soggy socks/pants. Also wind + rain is pretty bad, but generally it's a calming, cleansing thing, rain is.

When I was in 7th grade, we got a new puppy, and we brought it over to my gramma's house to meet her mini schnauzer, Fritz. My mom took our sweet little golden retriever puppy and sat on the living room floor with it in her lap while Fritz sniffed around her furiously. We knew the relationship was doomed when Fritz lifted his leg on her skirt. Which I guess was an odd way of Fritz expressing love and ownership over her. At our house, Nolan generally claims to hate Milo's guts, but on a few occasions, I have found proof of his love, in them cuddling together on the couch and Nolan whispering "I love you, buddy" when he thinks I can't hear, or when they play together in the mornings. This seems to be further proof, as it has happened on more than 1 occasion, and generally Milo is pretty angry afterwards (as you can see in the picture--sorry for the quality, it's an action shot), which is how he expresses love back:

A prime example that humans do indeed mark their territory; we just don't use urine.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I so want some rain boots! I've tried on multiple pairs, determined to actually cave and buy them. But they always feel super weird around the ankle area when I walk. Is it weird for you too?...Or do I just have weird ankles?

neighboUr said...

No, it's weird for me too. I think because they are so heavy in the soles and the rest is flexy rubber stuff. So they bend where your foot does. I have determined that it's better for me to have weird feelings about bendy ankle boots than to have soggy socks--tested 'em today and I'm sure!