Saturday, March 13, 2010

Schnitzel!

Since last night, it's been a whirlwind of faces and things...SpeakEasy last night after work, and then playing games and hanging out at one of N's classmate's houses. Getting up early to do a Safeway run because we were hosting small group breakfast for 2 small groups at our house at 9ish. People stayed 'til about noon, and then I had to work for a few hours (yes, it's Saturday, I KNOW.), and then frantically trying to set up a Warcraft game online between me, N, and my coworker, then topping it off with an authentic German dinner to celebrate my heritage (and to quench my craving, since I had been perusing the "Suppenkuche" website earlier this week). We made Spaetzle (with nutmeg!) with butter, hot Kartoffelnsalat, and my Oma's fantastic recipe for Schnitzel. Smmhh!

Now here I sit at the end of the day, waiting for YET ANOTHER coffeecake to come out of the oven. It's become an obsession, and Nolan just isn't satisfied unless he has some for breakfast. This is where I realize I am going to put on weight if I don't watch it.

Also: today we burned through 18 eggs. YES. EIGHTEEN.

Quote of the day:
Nolan (after dinner): "Okay. I guess I like parts of your culture."

No comments: