Sunday, March 21, 2010

Around the world in 4 days

I have been upholding my resolution to cook more this year, instead of just taking the lazy way out (goodbye, easy pasta and frozen meals!). This weekend, I made a Thai peanut-crusted chicken bake yesterday with lime juice, thai sweet rice with coconut and peanuts, and stir-fry veggies. Tonight is a chicken tikka masala recipe that I've been marinating since yesterday and am already drooling over, homemade naan, homemade mango lassi, and basmati rice. MMM. And I know this isn't homemade, but on Tuesday we're going to a Peruvian restaurant for Nolan's bday, and I just feel like I'm getting my cultural food dosage this week. And it's fantastic.

This weekend has thankfully been lazy and wonderful. And I still have several hours to go! Let's hope that this next week passes just as quickly as it can.

Milo is officially the laziest creature ever. He sleeps with us at night, then gets up to eat, then sprints across the living room and maybe gnaws on someone, then goes back to sleep either on Nolan's chair, or on our bed, or inside the curtain of our bedroom window that he somehow makes into a hammock (our curtain rod is bent in two because of it). Whenever we're feeling overwhelmed with something, he's an easy target for "oh life is just SO HARD, isn't it Milo?". I think we're becoming resentful. In fact, I'm blogging from bed right now, and this is what I see:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These dishes sound a-m-a-z-i-n-g! Let's do dinner again soon & catch up ... and I might just be able to soak up some of your domestic talent. Would either Tuesday (4/20) or Thursday (4/22) work for you?

:) Lindsay