Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Integration migration

The challenge when one has little time and a lot to do, is finding time for switching up routines. I do laundry on the weekends, but recently switched to doing it weeknights. It's been a challenge. I had a firm running schedule and now am not running at all so I have to find another activity and work it in. It's been impossible this week. Meanwhile, I am flooded at work and think about it while at home. I am just now on my way home from a women's networking event, where one of the speakers said that today "it is no longer about work-life balance, but about work-life integration." I have found this to be increasingly true, especially when you let the two merge in some areas.

Something I value in life is having a life. This is why Nolan and I find ways to travel and experience worlds outside of our own. We are currently finding a suitable gap in our schedules this summer to try and take another trip (and check off 1 of the 3 continents I haven't visited...guess which one!). Milo is making plans also, as he takes a honeymoon of his own each year while we are off exploring.

No comments: