Monday, November 21, 2011

stuff of nightmares

I've been waffling for awhile now about how big of a turkey I need for our thanksgiving feast. Since we have a tentative headcount only, it's a little hard to plan. Nolan started telling me we might need 2, and I just pointed at our oven, because the obvious response is, "Oh. So just one then." Our oven is a ridiculous tiny old thing that won't even cook a full-size pizza, much less fit my large cookie sheets, much less allow for 2 turkeys (not that I could cook them simultaneously anyway!). So instead, we have a big 21-pounder that's just going to have to fit, because we will NOT have thanksgiving without turkey for all!

Also: today we got our thermostat fixed. Hallelujah.

Who else is excited about a short week? Because I'm SUPER excited about it. Holiday weeks are generally lots of food, festivities, and out-of-office messages...which means that work comes to a grinding halt for the most part. It's a good thing for people like me, who are still trying to catch up on normal work items after a big deadline has passed. I love these kinds of weeks. I also have a lot to look forward to, like sleeping in (kind of) for 4 days in a row, getting my hair done, hosting a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner, and then having only 1 more week of work before our week-long vacation! After that I think I have just 1 more full week of work before Christmas is here (for me) and I have endless days off of fun and festivus. Who else is excited that this time of year is here at last!?!


Quote of the day:

Last week, I was showing Nolan I was happy he was home by kissing his neck, when he peeled me off and told me "no". To my horror, the reason was because he had been splattered with someone's blood all over his neck and chest and hadn't showered yet. This is the stuff of my germaphobic nightmares, folks.

"Me: Dare I ask if you are clean or if there's something on you I should be aware of? Blood? Fecal material?
Nolan: Yeah, the question isn't what is on me as much as who is on me...
Me: *gag*"

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I share your sentiments to the HILT about holiday weeks. Word. I think I was checked out of this week on Sunday night. Yeah...it's that bad.

Your quote of the week...OMG SO GROSS!!!! Hahahahaha!!!! The laughter is sympathetic, not mocking. Only kind of though :)