Monday, November 28, 2011

Orphan Thanksgiving

Just because it's still on my mind, I thought I'd recap our Orphan Thanksgiving for you...because it was a blast! Definitely not something to be sad about :)

Just in case you doubted the size of my turkey, use the beer bottles for scale...or my gigantic red kitchenaid mixer. Or the sink. It was ginormous. And amazingly tasty! And wouldn't have been the same without Nolan's turkey carving skillz, as you can see from his first prime slice.
And our orphan thanksgiving was a hit! So much fun to host all these lovely people (there were 17 total, so Nolan (taking the picture) and a late arrival aren't in this photo). I'm the chunk of hair in the lower left corner. We're still trying to finish the delicious leftovers in our fridge. Blah.


To burn it all off, I hiked up Windy Hill on Saturday morning with some girlfriends, and immediately put it on my list of things I like. It was a GOOD hike, and we weren't even going that fast! Plus you're on a ridge in the Santa Cruz mountains overlooking the valley - what's not to like about that?



Anyone up for a good hike?

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm in awe of your turkey-making abilities. We do a big 30+ person family Thanksgiving, so the matriarchs are always in charge of the turkey, leaving me with less challenging things like green bean casserole :) My goal is to someday make a turkey. And now I know that if I ever need advice...you definitely have experience!

neighboUr said...

The experience didn't come without its own issues and strings of profanities! But it definitely did feel like an accomplishment :)

Silverfox said...

How about a hike at Whaleshead Beach north of beautiful Brookings, Oregon??