Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Last night I woke up at 3 to put Milo out as usual, and the tip of his paw touched the wardrobe, which naturally he thought was an intruder instead of the same old wardrobe that's always there. So he flipped out and dug his claws deep, deep into my ribcage, where I had to actually pull them out one-by-one before crawling back into bed with bloody streaks across my abdomen. Freaking Milo. When I woke up, I also couldn't move my neck, because I apparently slept directly on it while trying to avoid sleeping on my painful scratches. This combined with my still very sore legs from gym class on Tuesday has produced the delightful Igor effect, in which I limp around the office with straight legs and not able to turn my head or touch my sides. Attractive.

All complaining aside, though:

1. I'm thankful it's almost the weekend, not only for the days off, but because Nolan has both days off and I finally get to see him! The only physical communication I've had from him this week was more of a request than a love letter:
And although I vastly appreciate text, email, random notes, etc. to let us communicate more when we can't see each other, I'd rather be able to talk face to face! Also hug. And kiss. I really just miss him. Which leads me to say that this weekend is also fantastic because it's the end of this rotation where he works nights. Yippee! That's something to be thankful for.
2. I'm thankful for November being here, and all that entails! I've already gotten to the bottom of my canister of hot cocoa, and I'm roasting another batch of hazelnuts tonight. I've brought out the legwarmers again (hello, old friends!), and I'm wearing gloves in the morning so I don't freeze on my commute. I love all these things! And Starbucks' red cups! And baking and chocolate and OMG SO MANY GOOD THINGS DURING THE HOLIDAYS. I also love that I can officially say it's THE HOLIDAYS.
3. I'm thankful for my packed schedule. Even though it's been a little stressful, I've been more and more aware of my extrovert needs, and have managed to stay really busy, which helps when I'm missing my husband. Plus, who wouldn't want an excuse to hang out with so many fabulous women? It's really fun getting to know each other better as time goes by. So thankful for them.
4. I'm thankful for music. Nothing inspires or encourages me as much as good music. Here's my most recent fave:

5. I'm thankful for good books. Reading another killer novel, thanks to a recommendation from an author I met recently. I'll post the title once I get a little farther into it. A good book goes a long way towards making my commute fun!

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Like you, I'm thankful for the holidays and all the heart-warming goodness that comes with it!! Also - that Breaking Dawn comes out in TWO WEEKS!! :)