Monday, December 29, 2008

Home Again

I have to say that I am not surprised to find I haven't written in a week. In my defense, our internet was down at my parents' house for most of vacation, so don't hate! Also: it was winter break and I felt like being lazy, so I did. I have tons of pictures to put in here, but seeing as how they have to be loaded onto Nolan's computer and it just arrived in the mail today, I don't have them yet. He left his laptop and Dutch citizenship papers in his parents' car last week, so his life had to be mailed back here to us in a little white box which I signed for this morning. Tomorrow he fills out the official documents and will have proof of his dual citizenship! His first act as a dutchman will be to go to Cuba next Christmas with his mom while we're all waiting for them on the beach in Mexico, plain jane limited old American citizens. Ah well.

We made out like thieves this Christmas...everything we wanted and then some! Not only did we get the wii fit (EXCELLENT!) but I also finally got a bluetooth headset so I don't have to be a poser with a walgreens wired earpiece that looks totally stupid. Speaking of stupid phones, apparently they're popular now. As if people using belts to secure their cells to their ear in lieu of a bluetooth (yes I have a friend who does this) weren't enough. Behold the "handphone":


There are only 4 of us at work today; 5 tomorrow and the rest of the week. That means it's been pretty slow. Slow enough for one to walk over to my desk, grab my bicep and say, "What's the deal, Caldwell? You look beefier." Thanks, pal, for noting my holiday weight-gain. Speaking of which...I'm off to the gym. Peace.

No comments: