Friday, December 12, 2008

Proton, Electron, and Neutron.

I love my husband. I really do. Sometimes, I wonder what medical school really is doing to him. I appreciate the fact that he is insanely intelligent and is going to save the world someday, and yet...Last night he was sitting on the couch with me, and turned to me with a pleading look in his eyes, and said, "Babe, I have a serious idea about names for our kids someday." Okay, fine. Except that we haven't even decided if we are going to have kids. "Okay tell me, even though I think you're joking." No, he swears he isn't joking, and then tells me a story about how one of his professor's is named "Electron", because his parents were both scientists and professors, and named their three sons "Proton, Electron, and Neutron". No joke. I had to ask him if he was serious about this like actually serious, or like in the way he wanted to name our first son Guggenheim and now we have a Betta bearing that name (and thank goodness it was just a fish, because he calls him GuggenHYMEN for short). So now I see that this is heading in a direction I am not going to like. Furthermore, he is totally serious. "So I was thinking we should do something like that to pay tribute to science since it is something I love so much and am devoting my life to. Also, it would make me like them more." Then he suggests that one he liked was naming them after the 4 bases of DNA: Adenine, Guanine, Cytosine, and Thymine. "Firstly, we are not going to approach anywhere remotely close to the land known as 4 children, and secondly: NO." I felt completely justified for once as I looked defiantly into his crestfallen face. By the end of the night, I told him I would consider maybe middle names, so ask me again in 10 years and see how compliant I am then.

On the other hand, at least he is super easy to please. I came home from Safeway and showed him his little treat I got him: Oreo cookies 'n cream pudding. That alone merited an adoring look and an impromptu slow dance in the kitchen to Josh Groban's Christmas album.

I am eternally grateful to Scott, who gave me his code to pre-order tickets to a concert in April...for BRITNEY SPEARS! OMG! Haha, that was a semi-sarcastic squeal of joy, but also TOTALLY SERIOUS. I got the tickets at exactly 10am when the pre-sales opened and jockeyed my way to the best (cheapest) seats in the house! Section 213 facing LA BRITNEY! See:

I think we are a little bit too excited about this for married women in their 20s:
"me: I will send you an email with the confirmation and OMG I CAN'T WAIT
Sarah: Can we DRESS UP
me: YES like SKANKS
Sarah: YES. AWESOME
me: DIBS on the "oops i did it again" jumpsuit! i will buy a red onesie!!! haha jk
Sarah: Dangit! DIBS on going naked like the womanizer video!"

2 comments:

chels said...

Nolan is ridiculous! haha! he wanted kids named after nucleotide bases. it would work if you had two sets of twins, the c and g would be paired, and the a and t would be paired. but wow. and wow about the britney concert. have fun in your onesie with all the screaming teenie boppers! haha - chels

Ms B said...

NO SUCH THING as "too excited" about Britney. Don't even get me started on kids names. I think I talked Nico out of a Blonde Jedidiah, but now he wants a Blonde Carlos.