Tuesday, June 23, 2009

plus and minus

As we've realized our errors (cost-wise) in booking tickets to Europe, and how we could have done it much better, N spent hours on the phone with the airlines, and we concocted a plan to save money and have more time to enjoy Europe, with less cost and less travelling. This plan also involved us dropping Scotland from the picture (and therefore our friends, the new Campbells, SOB!), but included the adding of Amsterdam (Holland) and, if time allows, Brussels (Belgium). So we'll see what pans out, but other than finding places to stay and things to do, the Caldwells are pretty much planning on going to Europe in October the same way we did to Costa Rica in 2007--by the seat of our pants, with no restrictions or hard dates. Ahh, the freedom. We also gain more luggage room by taking the train everywhere. Now accepting requests for French wine...

I feel like updating everyone with recent activity would be a huge bore, so I think I'll skip it this time, and just apologise for the lack of posts, and also say that I am counting down the days til Thursday when I get off work to head to So-Cal with my beloved for a long weekend. Lots of sun, friends, wedding, ahhhhh. Also I have a two-day work week next week, so who wouldn't be looking forward to that! More to come...

No comments: