Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Don't judge us if our living room smells like singed hair.

Singed cat butt hair, to be exact. Is it my fault if Milo happened to be licking the egg-pan on the stove when I turned on the front burner to make Nolan tea? Is it my fault if the flames spread in a supernaturally large arc and lit Milo's bum and tail hair in a ball of fire which I quickly extinguished? Maybe. But maybe not. I did warn him and try to move him, but he's a persistent little bugger. Needless to say, in between licking his (much shorter) burnt hairs, he keeps throwing fearful glances at the stove. Which is how nature intended it.

Last night we found a new winner of a recipe: roasted beets with sauteed beet greens. It was delicious, and I modified the recipe a little bit by caramelizing the sliced onions before sauteeing the greens. Who knew you could make use of the whole beet plant? Today was interesting after a dinner full of beets :)

I'm also almost done with "The Man in the Iron Mask" and holy cow it's good. It's the last of Dumas' works that I haven't read, and I wish there were more. Kind of like my relationship with Harry Potter was significantly sadder once I finished that last book. Sigh.

No comments: