Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's (sometimes) Sunny in San Francisco

My dad told me that when he was a pilot for the airlines, he used to forget to check the weather conditions before landing in San Francisco a lot. So when he'd start making his descent, he'd announce to the passengers (like they always do), "we'll be landing at San Francisco International Airport in about 10 minutes. Current conditions on the ground are 60 degrees and overcast". And he was always spot-on. Because San Francisco is probably like that 95% of the year. The other 5% is slightly lower or higher temps, to account for winter and our strangely hot Indian Summer that happens in early October every year.

So when a colleague from the midwest informed us on a conference call today that it was supposed to snow in SF, I guffawed and looked outside my window at the blue sky. Until I saw this:

Consider me schooled.

No comments: