Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

After a week that took FAR too long dragging its feet to a close, I can honestly say TGIT (thursday), because I have tomorrow off, and a fun weekend of hanging out in Santa Barbara with the lovely ladies from my college bible study! With that:

1. I'm thankful that today is my Friday. WHEW.
2. I'm thankful for our coffeemaker and its timer that tells it to have coffee hot and waiting for us when we wake up early each morning. God bless those sweet, caffeinated beans.
3. I'm thankful for our iPhones. Seriously, I don't know how many times those things have been a lifesaver for us at some point since we got them a few years ago. For example: our Europe trip in 2009? HELLO I wouldn't have been able to check email or blog from the comfort of our hotel room. Also we wouldn't have been able to play Carcassonne on the plane to Peru. And we'd get lost trying new restaurants ALL the time. Like this week.
4. I'm thankful for the little heater we have, because our house heater is way too loud to actually use, and this little one has a timer so it comes on and off at all the right times for us. It's also silent and stealthy.
5. I'm thankful for my friends, who are at all different stages of life, live in totally random locations (many far from me, some just a few blocks away!), but when we're together it feels like nothing has changed.
6. I'm thankful for the little Middle Eastern market by our house, which gives us delicious fruits and veggies, the best hummus in the world, and oddly enough, hazelnuts. I also appreciate their imported chai which is DE.LI.CIOUS.

Happy weekend!

No comments: