Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

As another week comes to a close, I'll just reflect on all the good things that have been popping up in my mind, and try not to think about oh, my chipped nails or Milo's damaged fur or how bad pasta really is for me even though it's delicious. With that:

1. I'm thankful for the gorgeous (if not freezing) weather we've been having lately in the city! It's been sunny and beautiful just about everywhere, and I'm LOVING walking to the muni in the morning with rays of sunshine in my eyes. I'll even accept the freezing temperatures because I've just missed seeing the sun.

2. I'm thankful for Nolan ALWAYS. I know I can't really say that every week or you will all kill yourselves with sappy overload, but honestly. I'll keep it to like...every other week, okay? Seriously: thankful, blessed, lucky, grateful. However you want to skew it, that's how I feel about my life partner. Even when I'm a FOOL he just laughs with me and gently encourages me. Oh and he rubs my back without me asking and THAT is a definite quality to look for in a husband.

3. I'm thankful for the markets near our house and all the delicious fresh fruits and veggies they have just 2 blocks away. It's such a treat to be able to have freshly picked items for dinner, and when I'm feeling creative, all I need is at my fingertips! And did I mention it's CLEAN? Big deal for me right there.

4. I'm thankful for good friends and old friends who encourage me and hold me accountable and challenge me. It's because of you that I don't turn into a vain, mindless blob.

5. I'm thankful for my parents, who make me call them more than is necessary...just to tell me they love me :) I'll get better at that, I promise!

Here's hoping that the weekend stays sunny...and that my new tanning lotion doesn't actually make me as dark as the label claims (um, one reviewer on amazon said she was mistaken for being african-american). Hey at least I'm finding a non-dangerous way to get my glow on!

No comments: