Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Argo

This weekend I was in Pville again, having more family time, and getting to spend quality time with parents, grandparents, and siblings. Between really good food, wine and some decent sleep, it was a win overall. I also brought Milo back home, and that always makes me happy.

Sunday was our date day after I got home around lunchtime, so we hung around in our pjs and talked for awhile, then decided on seeing Argo and going to a new Thai place for dinner since our fave spot is closed on Sundays. As for the Thai, it was a fail. Not really bad food, just not really good. But Argo! You need to see it. It was excellent. I thought I was going to have a heart attack the last...HOUR or so of the movie. And be shocked: Ben Affleck is actually pretty great in it. Plus who doesn't love movies based on true historical events?

Mountain biking still hasn't happened, due to all sorts of circumstances, Sunday's being that Nolan was exhausted. But one of these days, I'm telling you...it will be awesome!

Last night I made pumpkin curry for dinner (delish!)with just a little chocolate mousse (the tofu kind!) for dessert. So we ate curry and did something rare: sat down in front of the tv and turned it on. We switched between the presidential debate and the Giants game, and let me tell you, it was an exciting night!!! So afterwards we talked about our finances, because you have to temper excitement with boring things, right?

Harley's staying with us for the week, and after 2 days of hissing and slinking around, I think she and Milo have finally agreed to be in a relationship again. It always takes a few days of him wooing her.

No comments: