Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm not going to even say anything about how I'm putting another picture of food on here. Except that I am, and I'm so excited about it! We love good food here...can you tell? This morning we had overnight steel-cut oats, and added in blueberries and the suggested cinnamon almond sauce. It was GLORIOUS. And filling. I usually don't get that full from breakfast. Check out the recipe here! It's amazing.
So that started my morning off right. Also yoga. Thursdays are yoga days, and even though the first 15 minutes of super early morning yoga are rough, once my body is awake, it's really nice. Another reason I like Thursdays? I get to list off 5 things I'm thankful for! It always makes me feel even more grateful. So here we go.

1. I'm thankful for date nights! We've had a lot recently (tonight is another one!), but have been managing for quite a long time to be consistent with setting aside at least one night a week to spend just the two of us doing something fun. The other nights are just bonuses :)
2. I'm thankful Milo's a healthy boy again. Phew, I was tired of little bugs and him moping around and peeing on things...gross. Plus he's so much happier now!
3. I'm thankful for fun recipes. Cooking and food really ARE a hobby, and it's SO much fun to experiment with new recipes and ingredients and taste the end result. I like hobbies like that.
4. I'm thankful for my new bike Nolan got me! Even though we still haven't had a chance to take it on the trail yet, I'm excitedly ordering myself gear and planning where to go when I do get to go! I love having fun stuff that we like to do as a couple.
5. I'm thankful for fall weather. I know, I'll miss the heat when it gets really cold, but this week was a heat wave (it was 94 in San Francisco on Monday...NINETY-FOUR!)...and it was no good. Hosting bible study in my living room with that kind of heat = sweaty girls. So it's nice now that it's starting to cool down just a bit now. It'll be even better when I can turn on my oven and not fear roasting us alive in here.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: