Wednesday, October 3, 2012

my big fat greek cheesecake

I know someone who has 2 cats named Wyatt and Cheesecake. I think those are the best cat names ever. Besides Milo. But back to the cheesecake: this weekend I made homemade cheesecake, as in I made the graham crackers, then made the crust, then made the filling and baked it all. The whole process took 11 hours including cooling in the fridge, so it's not for someone in a hurry! But oh, so worth it. The best part? No cream cheese. The filling is made with greek yogurt and tofu and I can't even tell you how delicious it is! No guilt, delicious cheesecake? Count me in!
The recipe, of course, is from one of my favourite blogs again. I don't think I've found another website with so many healthy recipes that have turned out so perfectly! Big fan.

Last night I also made fig nut bars. I hate figs. I think I always have. But my friend has a fig tree and suggested I give them a chance. So I did some searching and found a recipe that not only was easy, but SO delicious and packed with fiber and other good stuff. The only problem is going to be having it and the cheesecake in my fridge! I can only handle so much sweet goodness.

Do I blog about food too much? Is there such a thing? Nolan and I have become WELL aware that most of our vacation pictures consist of us eating. But! We enjoy it so much! We're passionate about food :)

No comments: