Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Phew, another week gone by. When I was filling out my form for a flu shot, it asked my age, and as I was writing the number, I thought maybe I was mistaken because there is no way I'm that age already. How has life started to fly by so quickly? So many changes happening around us that it feels like the next time we open our eyes we'll be sitting in our rockers with our grandkids at our feet. Time to really savour each moment before it's gone, eh?

This weekend I'm returning to Placerville, and working from there tomorrow. Which means I'm driving up very late tonight. Which means: latte time. I've been getting up before 5 a lot recently, and it's starting to wear on me since I haven't been able to make up for it with early bedtimes. Is this a taste of what it will be like to be elderly and awake at all hours (except afternoons and after dinner, hah)?

Speaking of which...

1. I'm thankful for the chance to rest this weekend and sleep! Even just 2 nights will do me some serious good.
2. I'm thankful for extra energy. It would have been so easy to not do that load of laundry or not take 10 minutes to make Nolan a nice breakfast, or not do my workout...but I would have regretted it. So many times this week I've been amazed at the little extra motivation to keep getting stuff done when I just wanted to be a blob.
3. I'm thankful for a great small group. I can't even tell you how encouraging those girls have been this past week, and how thoughtful and kind!
4. I'm thankful for Milo coming back this weekend (if I can find him, grrr). It's just a little bit sad to cuddle on the couch and have an empty spot on our laps where Milo would fit perfectly.
5. I'm thankful for the holidays! Talk about a picker-upper! I'm already planning Thanksgiving and Christmas things, not to mention all the baking, and prepping for our Halloween party and all that good stuff. Best time of the year. EVER.

What are you thankful for?

4 comments:

Mom said...

I am soooooo thankful for my little girl who has grown up to be an exceptional woman!

neighboUr said...

Aww, Mom!

Pops said...

hmmm. Before you have grandkids at your feet, you have to put some grandkids at our feet!

neighboUr said...

:-P