Monday, October 1, 2012

pick a peck of...pumpkins

This weekend was the best ever. Friday night, Noemma came over for dinner with Nolan and I, and we had pisco sour, pudding with fruit, and laughed a lot. Love her. Saturday morning was our first ever significant others brunch with all the other Stanford Kaiser S/Os. There were mimosas, all sorts of casseroles, pumpkin scones, pumpkin muffins, bacon, eggs, crepes with berries, and coffee and more mimosas. It was fantastic. I got in my car to go home and had a message from Nolan saying he'd been sent home for the rest of the day from work...woohoo! His second surprise was that he bought me a NICE mountain bike as my early Christmas present! It was something I was secretly hoping for but didn't want to ask for...and it's amazing! I took it for a spin yesterday and I'm in love. Can't wait to take it on trails with Nolan! Behold:


After getting the bike, we went to Ike's for a late lunch...our favourite! So good.

Then we went home, put on Frank Sinatra and practiced our dancing :) It was a FANTASTIC afternoon. And it got even better! Nolan went to watch the football game with some friends, and I met some girlfriends in downtown Palo Alto at NOLA for drinks and eventually a late dinner. We were there for a few hours chatting and moved the party to Yogurtland for a treat afterwards. Needless to say, my tastebuds were absolutely spoiled on Saturday.

Sunday was a day of work. Whew! So many things to do and errands to run...and I almost adopted a kitten when I was at Petco getting stuff for Milo...oops. Nolan didn't help the situation when I texted him and he said "you should have gotten it!". Oh dear.

What am I looking forward to tonight? Trying the greek yogurt and tofu cheesecake I made yesterday- healthy homemade graham crackers and all for the crust! It smells DIVINE and I licked the bowl after whipping together the cheese part. Only issue is that the process takes 11 hours from start to finish (if you include making the graham crackers yourself). Talk about delayed gratification!

No comments: