Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hallowe'en e'en

This weekend was spent in preparation. Other than devoting Saturday morning to friends, I spent the rest of Saturday working on our costumes Nolan's costume and baking pumpkin pie cupcakes for a big Halloween party we had that night. More on that later.

Sunday, though, was all prep for the party. Well, mostly. After church and doing our workouts, we went to our office to do work (meaning the doctor in the house), and to a friend's to pick up Halloween supplies and decorations. Then it was off to Costco to start loading up on stuff for our party...which is tonight. But as a reward? We went out to ramen for dinner with our Missouri people. And it was delicious. It may have put us all into a sodium-induced coma for a few hours, but at least it was tasty. Oh and hey, we walked into a bar afterwards to see the last 5 seconds of the Giants winning the world series. Does that mean I can stop hearing about it on my facebook feed? Because I'm tired of that almost as much as the political stuff.
Nolan with his ramen.

Ladds with their big bowls!

 As to our costumes, they turned out great on Saturday! I already can't wait to wear them again tonight, though it does get a little bit tiresome having to walk sideways through doors and crowds with my frame. Can you tell what we are from this tiny picture that I can't get to enlarge? Nolan was obviously trying to get me to crack my poker face pose - I think he's doing the sprinkler in photo 2 :) You can click on the image to enlarge at least a little bit.
Da Vinci and his Mona Lisa! It's amazing how many people don't have any idea who painted the Mona Lisa - we had a lot of people guessing successfully who I was and then asking if Nolan was, therefore, either Van Gogh or even Michaelangelo. What is this world coming to, I ask you.
I'll have more pictures from tonight! I meant to take some of all our work last night - we invited a friend over for dinner and ended up making him work until 10:30. Granted, the last hour was stabbing marshmallows, dipping them in chocolate and rolling them in grahams...so I don't feel too guilty. I know how many chocolate covered strawberries they ate.

Favourite treat of the week:
Peanut butter banana (and chocolate!) protein shake
1 tbsp raw peanut butter
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use the good kind - 23 grams of protein a scoop and almost no sugar!)
1/2 of a banana
1 cup light vanilla soymilk
3 tbsp nonfat plain greek yogurt

(when I need more sustenance, I double up on the banana and peanut butter)
Blend and enjoy!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Your costumes look great! Totally worth the work! :)

Also, I'm relieved to hear you say you're sick of hearing about the Giants winning the World Series. I was afraid that, reading your blog for the first time since they won, you'd be really gung-ho about it and I'd be really sad...because I'm a die-hard Tigers fan :(

neighboUr said...

Thanks! And yes, I'm not really a big baseball person anyway, but you can get really, REALLY tired of hearing about something every second of the day from every medium.