Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday, twice

I don't know if it was having dinner out on Friday, or waking up early Saturday to work out and therefore having a lot more of the day (Sunday, too), but I was stuck all day Saturday thinking it was Sunday...and so when I woke up Sunday, I thought it was Monday. I was very confused. Even by 4pm after we'd had a little coffee date and I'd dropped off Nolan at the airport, I thought, "well, I've already had a full weekend. So now what?". So I watched some shows online, did a fun Pilates video that I was curious about, and ate pudding. And now it's actually Monday. Confusing!

Really, though, I love those weekends for the most part. I distinctly remember being up early and going to the grocery store, and it was so crisp and delicious outside, and I was wearing a sweater and sipping my cup of coffee and oooh, it felt like fall. So I bought red pears that looked festive. I can't wait to try them. After I let Nolan sleep a little bit, we had our delicious steel-cut oatmeal together, played a new boardgame, and then got ready to have friends over for lunch. Pumpkin gnocchi, meatballs, and delicious baked spiced apples with pomegranate seeds and amazing Icelandic yogurt (thanks, Julie!) all enjoyed over card games and cooing at their baby made us happy (and full) campers. Sadly, this is the only picture I took - I'm so bad at remembering to take pictures of things! But anyway:
I love that face! This is one of our favourite ways to spend mornings! As Nolan said, we were pretending it was a rainy day (even though it was gloriously sunny and cool and we probably should have been outside). I love the fall!

No comments: