Tuesday, August 4, 2009

oh, sage

You cannot imagine how difficult to find a hotel in London that is:
a.) cheap
b.) well-located
c.) CLEAN
The last one is the toughest component to find, and frankly, I'm shocked. I don't generally think of lice and nasty sheets in the same bracket as tea and crumpets and her majesty's carriage.

This weekend I decided to try out yet another recipe from the fabulous "America's Test Kitchen" cookbook that we have. And again, it's a winner. Chicken Saltimbocca, anyone?

The name "Saltimbocca" literally means "it jumps in your mouth", and it does just that. It looks EXACTLY like the picture in the book, and is comprised mainly of chicken rolled in flour and pepper and sage, with (as you can see) prosciutto on top, and then pan-seared in olive oil, with a white wine/lemon reduction poured over top, and graced with a toasted sage leaf. It.was.FANTASTIC.

ps-I've found a way to give up coffee EASILY. I mean other than having all funds ripped from my pitiful hands. I've started ordering the same drink at Starbucks, but with no espresso. Which makes it: a white hot chocolate or white chocolate milk over ice. Which, YES, sounds super lame, but my plan is to have these for awhile so that I don't miss the caffeine, and then eventually work my way down to bringing packets of hot cocoa from home, and voila!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Look out when we come down. I will still need my espresso fix. Besides, I need something each day to prepare me for crazy SF! Silverfox

Ashely said...

As my best friend you are a disgrace.

Ms B said...

BLOG! For the love of God, SAVE ME FROM MY BORING DAY JOB!

Unknown said...

I second Becks request for MORE Blogs! My day is pretty boaring at times and I need to read your blog to get me through. :)