Monday, August 24, 2009

top gun!

It's been a whirlwind of a weekend for me. Not only was last week insanely busy at work with another one to follow this week, but we also had Nolan's parents in town for the weekend, went to a theme park, and moved Nolan down to Fresno for 6 weeks (sniff). I mean, I love theme parks, and up until this weekend, Great America wasn't on my list of conquered places, but my work gave us discounted tickets if we are Festive Club members, w00t!, and it was just too good to pass up. Plus I needed my fix of terror since Nolan hasn't ripped out my hair recently nor have I been reading any scary stories. Roller coasters are at the top of the adrenaline list. Maybe terror is the wrong word for me (right one for Nolan though, and you'll see why). Maybe thrill or excitement or laughing so hard I am in danger of wetting myself is the right way to phrase it. Let's take a look:

(Click to enlarge)
So moving from the left...Nolan: just plain terrified. Anneliese: uhh...however I described it above. Anna: actually trying not to wet herself/throw up. John: we still haven't been able to define this one. Possibly the most frightening face I have ever seen in my life. Judging from this, it's no surprise that I went on this ride again immediately after the first time, and that neither Anna nor John went with me, although it MAY surprise you to know that I was able to talk N into going again. Let me just say that our faces looked EXACTLY the same in the second picture.

Yesterday, while still recovering from the rides the day before, we drove Nolan down to Fresno to see him off for his pediatric rotation for 6 weeks. While the parents and schtuff went down in a nice cool car, N and I took the motorcycle, and MAN MY ABS ARE KILLING ME. Like, in all serious, gasping for air at my desk today. When you're clinging on for dear life onto the back of a bike going 75mph in 100 degree weather for 3.5 hours, your abs are the only thing from keeping you from flopping around wildly behind the driver. whew. Also: my groin from straddling the seat for that long.

As you may have guessed, we don't have pictures of that. But it was all worth it for the dinner at Elephant Bar we got when we arrived. MmmmmMMMMMMmmmm potato skins!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, this is how lazy I am. I have to log into my own blog, click on your old link which takes me to your old blog and then click on the link posted that to get to your new one. Sigh.

Unknown said...

Not bad for a Senior citizen though! It was quite a ride...one I will definitely remember.

Pops said...

I'm so Jealous!