Wednesday, May 5, 2010

300!

This is officially my 300th post (in this blog...who knows how many are in the old one - see link in blogroll at right)! Woo! Now if that doesn't make me feel like I'm mumbling lamely into an empty cyberspace...

There is no question in my mind that I live in a strange place. Sometimes I'm amazed by the possessed weather systems (in a bad way), the crazy specimens of people that I get to sample on a daily basis - usually on the muni, the huge varieties of food, etc. The list goes on and on. On Saturday I was walking back from Starbucks, and there was a live jazz band on the corner...which, combined with the crowds of Asians and the smells of fried food, made me feel like I was in some twilight-zone Disneyland. This morning while I was getting my coffee (I KNOW), there was a brass quartet on the corner in the financial district, playing overtures...and at first I thought "oh yeah, it's Cinco de Mayo", and then I realized that smooth classical overtures have nothing to do with the crazy latin-ness of Cinco de Mayo, except that sometimes I also listen to classical music while eating salsa and tortilla chips. The point of all this is that on the one hand, there is classical music streaming live through the streets while classy people in suits start their day. On the other hand, I found this sprayed on a wall in my neighbourhood:

Oh, San Francisco.

No comments: