Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Back to Black

When we bought our bed, we were so excited about it. The frame was gorgeous! It's perfectly firm! And the pillowtop is amazingly soft! We love how high it is! But we didn't realize that when you buy such an amazing bed that has pillowtop AND is humongous...you can't find sheets to fit it. So we have had this ongoing issue with having only certain sheets that will fit the dang thing. Like maybe 1 pair. And that pair has to be redone each morning because sleeping on it makes it not fit. SIGH. So a couple nights ago we decided we'd had it! And we needed a vacation from our bed if only for a night. So we migrated to the guest room for the night, brought the sound machine and the alarm, locked Milo out, and enjoyed a bed with unmoving sheets! And as we climbed in there, Nolan turned to me and said, "This is exciting! Like staying in a hotel or a cabin!". Yes, yes it is. A hotel right here in our own home.

After my little incident with the hair and spending $$$ and then loving it, the time finally came to decide: the roots have grown out 1/4 inch in the last 4 weeks (I know, my hair grows FAST), and I needed to either get a touch-up or go back to natural. So...I went to natural, and voila! It's amazing how easy it is to go from light to dark again (though it's actually still lighter than my natural colour) for just $10. Why can't you go the other way without paying mucho dinero? One of life's big mysteries I guess.

This week has been nuts. Monday we had meetings until 2pm. Tuesday I was in the office for 2 hours before heading to Sacramento for a tour with our intern group. Wednesday I came in late recovering from the late night in Sacramento (home at midnight!), worked for a couple hours, then headed to an offsite with my team...which turned out to be:

I have a hard life.

ps - just watched The Soloist. Excellent movie - go Netflix it!

No comments: