Monday, June 21, 2010

Bee Pee

The other day we had a BBQ in honour of Father's Day. While carrying out food, etc., my Opa caught me by the door with my iPhone and wanted to check out stocks on it. So we looked at stocks and noticed that (miraculously) BP's stock had risen 2 points. Then Opa said that "back in the day" they used to have a BP joke and did I want to hear it. Okay. 10 minutes later I can feel us nearing the punch line, still going at a hearty rate of 1 sentence per minute. It ended up being a joke about a guy's car breaking down and some bees offering to help him, settling in his tank for awhile, and fixing his car. He asks them what they put in there, and they said "B(ee)P(ee)". Okay, along with the social commentary even "back in the day" = good joke. But I still can't believe it took 10 minutes to get there.

Today at work we had a luncheon, complete with balloons, etc. Afterwards the balloons were just sitting there, so I thought I'd put them to good use and decorate my coworker's cube. He left them there and was basically drowning in balloons the rest of the day and undoubtedly tomorrow:


ps - we've decided that our house just isn't the same without our permanent furry little fixture perched on his rug. And his 4th birthday this week, too. Sad day.

Quote of the day:
A: "Ever since I hit my 20s, I can't believe how hard my body has to fight to work off this tiny little cup of ice cream."
Mom: "Girlfriend, wait 'til you're 40!"

No comments: